Fine Tuning Home Decor

After





This will be a series of before and after pictures 
of the rooms in my home that I recently fine tuned.

Before
Drapes were just pieces of fabric...


After
Drapes are custom made sheers with 
silk striped banding in pale yellow, blue and green,
 then bishop sleeved with french wired ribbon.


After
Fresh plants fill planters

After
A new linen toile pillow cover in romantic pale blue



Detail
Hydrangeas in an old soup tureen

Before
a little too colorful perhaps?

After
The bright rug was too much
 for my idea of how I wanted the 
room to look in the photo shoot

Before
I toned down the colorful accessories.
The green chair was removed for traffic flow.

After
Black needlepoint carpet from my office came here
and a new linen shaded lamp



Before
Two chairs...too many

After
One chair and one frenchy side table

After

Detail
Fresh roses and a victorian bell pull

Before
What to say...a cluttered mess
Yellow walls and a green valance.

After
I can breathe now after a quick paint job in  pale blue. 
Countertops I can see and a new light fixture from the dump!
Before
Old light and junk on top of the fridge

After
New custom sheer linen valance on white iron rod.




The valance has a little fleur`de`lis pattern.
A pretty vintage swagged light!
Mmmmm..I am lovin' this space now.



 Thats what happens when you find out a 
camera crew is coming to film your house in 72 hours!

You TWEAK
You PAINT
You REARRANGE STUFF
You HANG LIGHT FIXTURES
You DECLUTTER

You fine tune it so it sings the right song. 
I just can't rest when I know it can be better.
Now I am going to relax and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment