Shutter Love

 Look at the paneled shutters on this french home.
*Sigh*
My house has skinny plastic shutters.
They aren't correct technically because
 they should be half the width of the window.
The shutters I love are the heavy wooden ones
 that hang from proper hardware.
This house I once lived in needed shutters 
and I searched on Craigs List and found some.
I put the "S" holdback hooks on them.

I've always liked cutouts in shutters.
little acorn cutouts...
a starfish...
a seahorse cutout...
This is what real shutters do..
they overlap sometimes.
 plantation shutters on an interior window
plank shutters inside as well
Yes, interior shutters have always been a favorite.
You can always pick up old shutters at an antique shop
like my friend Bridget's place, Rustique.
I imagine them as wonderful accents in a family room
 or use them in rooms like the pictures above.
Love those fat wide shutters!
The classic white house with black shutters.
Kinda looks like my Maison Decor
dream home sketch!
A country home with shutters that
 practically blend right into the ivy covered walls.
Sweet plank style shutters on a stone house.
Gorgeous!


To look at all of my previous homes
with and without shutters
click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment