HGTV and Me

On arrival to New York City,
 we booked a room at the super cool Hudson Hotel.
I was in a rush to get to the HGTV lunch
 hosted by their production team.
We dropped our bags and headed to find HGTV.
                                           All the design bloggers were welcomed.
 We gathered around a conference table and filled out name tags.
The Moggit girls, Rue ladies, and look....
its Design Star Emily Henderson!
The first 5 minutes were a blur! 
It was very exciting to finally meet each other.
As each blogger was asked their opinions 
on various topics a camera recorded everything said.
I brought my blogger reference guide 
which was a brilliant creation by (@melongings) Chanee.
RUE magazine ladies were flanking Emily.
So much talent in one room! 
The HGTV team wanted to know what programming we liked, 
what our favorite blogs were, 
what color were we over (purple was #1), 
what design trend were we excited about and sick of...
It was interesting to hear each other's opinions.
I had the pleasure of sitting with Tamara of NestNestNest.
She should have her own HGTV show that 
shows how she balances a career in design
while living in the city with her 2 young kids and hubby.
"Tamara's  New York Nest & Designs"
Michelle (L) from @Holleyand Gill ( she writes for HGTV Canada!)
 Karen (R) from @HammocksandHighTea~ both were super nice.
Emily Henderson won season 5 of DESIGN STAR!
She has all the qualities a TV star should have:
 beauty, poise, humor and kindness.
Emily, good luck with your new show SECRETS OF A STYLIST.
I wish I had taken more pics,
but I was so overwhelmed with meeting all my 
blogging friends, connecting with new people
 I left my camera on the table for most of the session.
You can spot the production leader
 in the background to the left of the camera woman.
Lindsey Weidhorn put together a great event 
that was a wonderful jump start to
 "Design Bloggers Take Manhattan".
We all LOVE the idea of watching great design shows on HGTV.
Maybe some of our ideas will come to fruition.
I headed back to our hotel roof deck with Mr. Maison Decor
 for a well deserved celebratory drink.
Yes, New York was invigorating!
and....
we had an invitation to a party launching the 
brand new web magazine RUE that night!
We needed to rest up....
the RUE post is next on my list!




No comments:

Post a Comment