Floral Shades & Fairies

I specialize in window treatments, 
although I don't do a lot of posts about them, 
I thought this pretty silk treatment was worth talking about.
And if you don't believe in Fairies, stick around...
I made two of these London shades for a client.
 This gorgeous fabric is a Colefax and Fowler 
silk embroidered pattern in pinks and green
 on an ivory ground~my favorite colors!
We selected this two toned green tassel in an onion ball style
 to coordinate with the green grass cloth wallpaper
 that was being installed in her living room
 while I was fabricating the window treatments.
My workroom
Small rings are attached to create the soft folds
 and gathers that make a London Shade.
The pair are ready to go! 
Come along and see how they look in their new home.
They are perfection against the grass cloth wall covering
 as well as a good solution for this window
 considering the rad boxes underneath.
The velvet settee has a pair of needlepoint pillows.
These pink flowers echo the silk floral pattern beautifully.
Detail of the fabric and trim.
I wish I had taken a good picture of the hooked rug.
 It is just gorgeous, and it was her grandmothers!
I recently did the Winston Valances in the dining room.
 The wallpaper reminds me of a Bermuda style pattern.
 Very British in a happy kind of way...
also in pinks and greens on cream. 
Another gorgeous silk fabric!
Formal yet friendly....
But then a very weird thing happened. 
And it involved Fairies!
While I was installing the draperies my clients friend,
 Brenda Reishus, stopped by. 
She is the interior decorator who helped Lisa pick out her
 fabrics and wallpapers for these rooms. 
We got to chatting about friends in common 
and one of these friends we know believes in fairies.
 She even held a fairy seminar retreat. 
The seminar was full of women who believed in fairies! 
She said you can see fairies in your garden
 and around the house if you are open to them. 
She also said fairies will often appear in your photos as white dots....
Brenda, Lisa and myself got quite a chuckle over this topic. 

What happened next was the WEIRD part.
 I asked them to step aside so I could 
take one more picture of the living room. 
And this is the picture....
White dots covered the entire photo!
I was more than a little shocked when I checked the image.
  Quickly I shared it with Brenda and Lisa.
You should have seen their faces!! 
I had goosebumps!
Are fairies lurking around this neighborhood?
It seems so! 
 The fairies must have been offended by 
our naysaying comments and decided to show up in force!
Not the average day in the life of this decorator.
Sometimes life can be a little weird....
and fun!

Hope you have a fairy nice day!
Fairy Images courtesy of The Graphics Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment