The Maison Decor Mom Cave

I have been working on my living room a lot lately.
 Kate from Censational Girl and
 Susan from Between Naps on the Porch
 invited us to post on our mom caves,
 and I realize that is what this room is becoming! 
A mom cave!
One of the new additions to the room is the carved element
 I added yesterday above the mantel.
It may be getting a whitewash, 
but this oatmeal color is the way I found it.
I think it looks cool with my iron and crystal sconces.
Gee, I think I see a spot for a chandelier in my future!
I bought it at Home Goods for our NH house
 and it used to be above our bed.
But now we have sold the house, 
and it gives this room even more romantic character.
The other new things in here are the vintage hooked rugs.
Just adore the soft pastel floral patterns.
I have two different valances right now.
 I have yet to make a decision, so I just threw a tablecloth
 on one and a remnant over the other.
Want to know a decorator secret?
The rush bench, pillows and all my mirrors 
came from Home Goods too. 
I mix antiques and vintage finds
with treasures I spot at Home Goods to create an authentic
living space with character and comfort.
Really happy with my white slipcovered sofa.
I have a white table with layered mirrors against the staircase.
I've never seen this done, but what happened when
 I did that was it created more of a defined space in
 our living room instead of your eye heading past the staircase.
 Makes sense, doesn't it?
And its kind of quirky, so I like that.
Two carved mirrors with a pretty old lamp.
My sister gave me these tole bookends.
They are one of my favorite things!
Pastels accent the white and beige tones.
A toile dining chair came in the room this morning.
I like it!
Here is my mom cave favorite spot: my chair.
I have all my favorite mags in a rush basket
A cozy white fur throw.
A view to the outside...and
a fire at my feet if I press a button!

Don't forget to enter for a copy of The French Inspired Home~
its located at the top of my sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment