Story of the White Chandelier

The dining room chandelier has been installed!
This was the original fixture...
(I admit I detested this light fixture).
This chandy brought nothing to the party.
Its so airy and light,  I love it!
Isn't she a beauty?
Well "she" used to be a "he chandelier....
Here is the same chandelier I bought for my NH kitchen.
I saw it in a window of an antique shop. 
It had an antique brass finish, 
but I wanted a wrought iron chandy 
so I had Mr. Maison Decor spray paint it in matte black.
Here it has happily hung for almost 4 years.
However we just sold our NH house
 so I had new plans for this baby.
I spray painted it white and then 
had hubs drill tiny holes in the upper leaves.
This was a two person job to hold
 the iron curled leaf out so he could get it at the tip.
Then I added crystals from various lamps and sconces.
The long crystal drops came from a lamp at the NH dump~FREE!
I added these to the bottom tier of leaves (iron curls at top).
For the top tier I mixed two styles of crystal drops.

This ring sat on a lamp and it had 8 perfect crystal drops.
I had some pink and purple prisms but decided against them
as it looked so pretty white with only crystal.
I draped some chandy strands that I took off 
of my office chandelier through the "leaves" 
that are on each candle holder.
*Bliss*
This chandelier is more than I hoped it would be!
I set the table for the celebration.
 A pair of martini glasses and pitcher await the 5 o'clock hour.
Pale blues and pinks mingle with the whites and greys.
Cheers to my White Chandelier!
linking to
and
and 


No comments:

Post a Comment