Dressing Table and Bath Progress

My vanity table skirt is finished!
On the spur of the moment I thought it would be
pretty to have a petticoat sticking out from under the skirt.
The body of the skirt is a mist colored fabric
 with embroidered silver polka dots
a beige trim that has ribbon and glass florettes
Sewing it together was a challenge...tulle isn't cooperative.
New found respect for tutu makers.
Pencil pleated heading will attach the skirt to the wood platform.
I still have to get a finished top,
and am deciding if it should be glass or marble.
I am working on window treatments...
I want to bring in the soft misty blue color to balance the beige tones.
 All the walls are shaker beige by Ben Moore and coordinate
with the tile floor. The trim is white dove.
Sneak a little peak while soaking in the tub...
Some furniture is going...other stuff is coming.
This bathroom has a difficult layout. 
The window is not centered over the tub.
There is a paneled access door along one wall...
Ermmm...excuse the mess.
This was the room last week.
You can see how much softer the palette is by changing
out just the rug and adding the curtain panel.
The curtain panel is a dummy right now, 
I just hung it up to see how I like it.
 The rug here is the one I bought for the living room~
it ended up in here, but it still is too strong for my taste.
Although I like the aqua, I wanted a softer look, 
so the rug is no longer.
A lot of christmas boxes ended up in our 
extra large bathroom and tub before we stashed it away.
One hour later I had the wicker chair out,
 and I put a bookcase in front of the wierd door...
It works pretty good as camo for a less than ideal situation.
I think there will be touches of pink coming in here too.
The wicker stool is ballet pink.
I am going to be changing out the light fixtures soon.
Look what will be coming in the mail next week:
A pair of these white iron and crystal mini-chandys.
I will hang them over each sink at the console.
The cap will be on the angled wall and the chain will
swoop up higher and the chandys will dangle over each sink!
This will create the shabby chic look I want in here.
This is the closest image I could find.
Isn't this heavenly? The layout is a bit awkward too,
with only one window, they balanced it off by using a mirror.
I would love to replace my counter top with marble too.
I do plan to paint the cabinets white...they are maple.
 This is the during of the making of the vanity in the awkward alcove.
Mr. Maison Decor hard at work pleasing his Mrs.
So that is the update from here.
Already an improvement, but miles to go.
I'll be working all day on this project...


No comments:

Post a Comment