Master Bedroom Reveal

My master bedroom: After 
My master bedroom: Before
All of the furniture is the same. 
The changes were:
The bedding was changed out in favor of 
white, pink and blue. 
A touch of floral was thrown in the mix.
The draperies were changed to aqua silk panels 
and the original rod was finally cut to the correct size.
 The walls were painted from beige to a medium aqua blue. 
The lamps were switched out.
The oriental carpet was removed in favor of some
Martha Stewart area rugs in textured aqua.
A window seat was added to the awkward alcove.

RL blue floral sheets, Raymond Waites floral duvet.
Shabby Chic pillow from Target
This room has slanted ceilings due to the roof line.
The mirror to the ladies dresser will not fit anywhere in the room.
A tri-fold antique mirror is the solution. 
A pair of petite tole lamps I picked up on Martha's Vineyard
 found their home on this dresser.
The little dormer window seat sits right in the middle of this wall.
To the left is a built in bookcase that has a line of hooks to hold
clothes so they don't end up on the bedposts or door knobs!
Bedrooms have to serve us in real life too.
Did you know that Mr. Maison Decor is a cowboy at heart?
Next to his leather chair is a built-in bookshelf that stores his cowboy hat boxes.
Stetson, Stetson, Stetson....
I bought him the brown vintage Stetson Hatbox on Ebay when we were engaged.
Even our engagement photo that was taken at my parent's home
 on Martha's Vineyard is luckily color coordinated to our room. 
Hub's pants are called "Nantucket Red". 
Pink by any other name...
My bedside table has a few precious things and my book of the hour.
Still reading about Barbra's home decorating.
She loves this color too.
This room feels completely different now!
By adding color and pattern it is a room that is welcoming.
The blahness that was there before is gone.
Old room
New room.
It is truly amazing how one room can feel so differently with such minor changes.
When I decided to decorate this room I found an inspiration photo.
I referred to it and took the color palette and the floral patterns.
I was not going to change the furniture, even though I tend towards light finishes.
The inspiration room was very girly, and I want our bedroom to suit us both.
Remember this inspiration picture?
I find inspiration in some images.
 I don't plan to copy the  image, I just use it to inspire 
me to find a similar effect using my own things 
and then editing what I have, and adding what I think is needed.
The large rose print on this bed I found on Ebay and purchased several yards.
I decided I didn't want a big floral in the room,
instead going for a calmer and less feminine look.
Yes, I introduced some pink, 
but overall my room is a bit softer with shades of blues and whites 
balanced out by the dark furniture and wall mirror.
If the pink coverlet is removed the room becomes less feminine.
However, I love pink!
Lets look at the wall color in stages:
Before: Pretty window seat with beige walls.
During: look at the difference a wall color makes.
I had to take a picture of the two wall colors while I was painting.
After:  the power of paint is truly amazing!
New lamps would be preferable, but I worked with what i had.
If this bed is dressed in all white linens it would be gorgeous too!
Now, this room has more options, and we love it.
Even Tobey likes it!


linking to
Metamorphosis Monday
and
Amaze Me Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment