Shabby chic slipcover style



This chair and ottoman got a quick slipcover right before Christmas.
I really didn't get a chance to write about it, so here it is.
I had just thrown an old sofa slipcover over it.
Here it is under a pile of that white fabric. You can see the old yellow walls
and how I have now moved tables, chairs and artwork.
It was still a pretty look. 
 I like the blue frenchy marble topped table with the white slip better
than the iron and wood table.I got this table at the local
Salvation Army Thrift shop for $40 and painted it with a light coat of
Palladium Blue by Ben Moore. (Sidebar for the post)
It used to have a traditional cream with gold french provincial paint job.
Table before paint job...
The greige walls have a calming effect and look great with blue.
The color is #1515 Ben Moore.
The large floral painting suddenly felt too busy  in this spot.
The chinese lamp came from my parents house. I grew up with it.
It broke and my dad glued it back together, 
but my mom didn't want it anymore~I  always liked it.
Its toile-esque.
You can see I am still carrying this book everywhere with me.
I love the cover shot of her velvet damask sofa 
and how she matches in her casual yet elegant clothing. 
She actually has clothes made to match the rooms she has!
I will not be doing that....
Here is the pretty chair in its original covering.
It has a lovely Marie Antoinette kind of fabric with nail head trim.
I bought it from a fancy store called "Domain" that is now out of business.
I still love the look of this chair, but wanted a change for a bit.
I ripped apart an old white slipcover, seen here, and reused all 
the fabric to make this new one. Pretty green I have to say.
This is the same chair.
I made this slipcover for my NH house where I had a lot
of clearer colors in pink and green and yellow.
Ignore the blue carpet, I had to~it came with the house.
It is amazing what a difference a slip makes.
Not the best picture, I  had used my iPhone to
capture the before and afters on this project.
Its kind of sloppy looking here..I was rushing.
Note:  I didn't have enough fabric to make cording for a lot of my seams.
Less cording makes a slip a bit more modern and casual to me.
I had wanted to make a tiny knife pleated skirt
 like these pretty chairs have in Lauren Ross' home.
Due to lack of fabric I settled for a triple kick pleat in the corners.
I had just enough to cover a mismatched ottoman.
I will be painting the insides of the bookcases shell pink.
But for now...I'm lovin' this corner.
linking to
Shabby Chic Cottage Transformation Thursday
and
Freckled Laundry's
Air Your Laundry Party

No comments:

Post a Comment