Snowy Yard Tour


 We have never had this much snow cover in Boston.
It keeps piling up and in the last 48 hours we got 15" more.
My pretty pink swing has a frosting of snow now.
 When I come down the stairs in the morning this is my view~
the bird feeder right outside the front door below.
I like to keep the birds fed in this kind of weather.
 Then I pop into my office and look out to see our garden table and chairs under a white blanket.
 The living room window reveals the same situation~
 So does the dining room~there is a ton of snow outside!
Thats my MIL's front yard...
 This is the door above the side porch on the house looking to the street. 
That is Martha's house across the street. Martha is 92 years old and has lived there all her life.
Our house is a "sideways house" because my hubs built it on his mothers land where her garage 
used to sit and he could only build it sideways on the lot.
Out my kitchen window is my mother in law's white cape with yellow shutters. 
Her dad built this house.
 She has lived on this street for over 80 years. She grew up in that house, and so did my hubs.
 Unlike me, she likes to keep her Christmas wreath up until March!
I have a rule that you should have your wreath off by Valentines Day at the latest.
However, I do keep this one christmas candle in my kitchen window 
until I can open the window in the spring.
 It makes a great night light for hubs when he works
 his midnight shift and comes downstairs in the middle of the night to go to work.
Lets head outside and check out the snowy yard.
 The door under the deck is the only door we can get out of right now.
 Our front door and stairs are snowed in. We live at the top of  the tallest hill in town.
The weather has been so bad I haven't been able to take down my holiday greens around the door.
 I have my vintage bike ready to roll, but it won't be for a while.
This snow is sugar snow, but today it is starting to turn into icey sleet on top.
That makes for a bad driving situation...so I am staying put.
Drifts of snow are covering the granite stairs up to the front yard and door.
Well just as I was preparing to take you around the back of the house...

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOAH!

Google just told me I have to purchase more storage space so I
cannot upload any more pics! Darn it...has this happened to you guys yet?
I purchased my space but it won't be ready until tomorrow I guess.
So I'll be enjoying the snow and making a cake for Mr. Maison Decor 
who had to to to work in the snow emergency today.


No comments:

Post a Comment