Damask Stencil


I've been wanting to add a damask stencil somewhere in the house
and decided to place some around the mirror over the sofa.
The stencil is taped in place with painters tape.



This is a stencil called Brocade from The Crafters Workshop
 that I found on Overstock.com

I placed them around the mirror to create my pattern.
 If I didn't like it, I was going to paint right over it.
Turned out I liked it~a lot! This was the perfect spot for a little extra detail. 
I used matte white craft paint and applied it with a dry brush and a pouncing motion.
It is feminine and pretty without overpowering the room.
This stencil cost $15 and is a 12"x12" size, 
a good buy compared to other stencils I checked out.
This was an easy project that only took an hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment