shabby italian tole candle sticks


 A pair of "vintage" tole candle holders
 I love these shabby, cottage style  gilded Italian candle sticks~
I set them on an old Florentine tray I found on Etsy.
Actually, these weren't vintage at all! 
I found them at Home Goods.
So bold and bright and almost ugly to my eyes. 
I brought them home to create the old ones I have seen.
This is one example of a vintage Italian tole candlabra on Etsy.
 First I sprayed with flat white and then sprayed a little pink on the blossoms.
I hand painted the rest and gilded it to give it that pretty Italian look I desired.
That is the secret of these candlesticks.
linking to
Photobucket
Metamorphosis Monday
and
Show off Your Cottage Monday
and
Mod Mix Monday
and
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia


No comments:

Post a Comment