lavender hallway

Long skinny hallways with lots of doorways. Ugh.
It started off as a basic beige color and then 
I used some leftover Concord Ivory paint from BM.
That added some zip, but that was not the look I was after...
so finally I took the plunge and picked out a greyish lavender.
Lavender is a tricky color, but one I wanted in my home.
This old sheraton style table I bought years ago 
at an auction was about to get an
Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint job. 
The brown finish was pulling down the dusky lavender.
I added a little touch of gold to the edges.
The hallway was feeling almost ethereal with the changes.
Mirrors....my go to accessory for walls.
Stroheim-Roman fleur~de~lis linen panels blow in the breeze
A large painting got overpainted with the chalk paint.
I am planning to paint something myself~
but for now I pinned up a small toile framed print.
The french bench got an easy slipcover with a vintage cream colored bedspread.
I found three of these in an old barn, and two will go in my Etsy shop.
They are a tender seer sucker style spread made by an old 
California company called Sybil Shepard in Paramount.
I found this initial plate in lilac and gold with the initials of Rachel Ashwell.
I might hang this above the mirror.
This plate was custom made in NY probably for a hotel or a wedding.
I'd like to add a pair of mismatched crystal chandeliers.
What do you think?
It is a pretty greyed down lavender.
The lavender paint is a Ben Moore color called Portland Grey.
I had it made up in Valspar Signature~one coat coverage.
Now are you ready for the before picture?
Bold Gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment