Purple toile valance for the kitchen

A miniature valance out of the Brimfield Toile
 I found  now hangs at my kitchen window.
Since I collect purple transferware
 and have started moving more pieces into the
kitchen I thought I would use a bit of it as a valance.
The pattern says "Hunting Toile Samarcand Selection 1992" on the selvage edge.
 The plates I hung on the cabinets are from a dinner set I just bought off of eBay
 in the Claire Cliff Rural Scenes pattern. 
There are different scenes depicted on the plates, bowls and saucers. 
I plan to keep the dinner and salad plates for use,
 but hang the smaller ones in my kitchen.
I have different pieces up on the window shelf I made, 
it is a nice area to display things in my very small kitchen.
Still, with the plates hung and displayed, it didn't look so great.
This is my dream kitchen~remember this image
 from Carolyn Westbook's The French Inspired Home?
How could I even come close to this?
 Well I am still working on it, 
but the valance has gotten me a
 little closer to achieving the look I was inspired by. 
Shall I do beadboard next on the backsplash? 
And then paint it light apple green?
 I'll confess I have been dreaming of marble counter tops too.
 I started painting over my grey lower cabinets...
Its a work in progress, 
but this charming little valance 
made me feel a little closer to my dream kitchen!


joining the party at
vif187
and


No comments:

Post a Comment