Romancing the Kitchen

Isn't this tray pretty?  
I couldn't resist purchasing it to add some romantic style for my kitchen. 
 Vintage desert dishes stacked inside an old cheese box sit next to the tray.
 I like the mixing bling from old silverplate and rustic wood objects together.
 Having so much enjoyment with my new countertops~
everything looks so much prettier now.
 The nice thing about a mostly white kitchen is you can change 
out the accessories and have a completely different look
 without any heavy lifting.  Imagine how easy it would be
 to have a blue and white kitchen just by changing the displayed china.

 Pink lusterware dishes and a pink mercury glass vessel 
sit together on an old tole tray that I painted pink.
This tray was a trashed and rusted old tray. 
If you have one, just spray paint it white and then paint
 or decoupage the bottom of the tray to get it back in service.

 A ruffly runner is added to dial up the girly factor~
maybe this should be for Valentines Day only.
 Romance in the kitchen can easily be overdone~
I might have overstepped my bounds here!
Maybe this is a little better.  Still pretty, but not gag me pretty!
This tray was made by Penny of Lavender Hill Studios~the day after I got it I read on her blog that she is going to move away from making her mosaics to doing other artistic endeavors.  However she is still doing commissioned pieces, and Penny is making a special creamer lamp out of my purple transferware for me. She still has a few things left that you can get if you want to add some romantic style to your home.  You can visit her Etsy shop by clicking here.

linking to
Wow Us Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment