A kitchen visit

The last of the summer roses~
I am having so much fun in my kitchen these days, 
putting the finishing touches on a space that is so much more me.
I can't say enough about switching 
out the counter tops to 180fx Formica Calacutta
 and adding the big old vintage drainboard sink.
Do you put your dishwashing liquid in a vinegar bottle? 
I found some lavender dishwashing liquid 
at Trader Joes to match my color scheme.
I changed the curtain around a bit too.  
I lowered the toile valance so it is now a tiny cafe curtain.
I paired it up with some lace panels on the 
outside edges for a look that is soft and charming.


I love the mix of the floral china with
 the silver plate trays and serving pieces.
Silver trays are used to coral the needful items
 and keep the counters feeling neat.
This old sink still has quite a shine to her~
not bad for a 70 year old!

The first petal dropped while shooting 
and by the end of the day this rose had lost them all.
A pair of tiny clipped boxwoods were found at Michaels.
  I think boxwood is such a classic look~
I planted it along my walkway outside.  
Boxwood is a favorite green at Christmas time too~
so these little boxwoods will be staying through the holidays.
This small elegant creamer came from my local antique co-op. 
I put one of the boxwoods in a silver candy dish
 and all together it makes a simple but classic vignette.
I do foresee a new light fixture in here~
thinking along the lines of a big lantern!
 In the meantime, I am enjoying this cute kitchen very much!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you haven't entered my Transferware Giveaway
Click on the turkey platter to enter!


linking to:
Feathered Nest Friday



and

No comments:

Post a Comment