New Chandelier for the Living Room


 All lit up, here is the living room chandelier we just hung.
 With the lights off you can better see the way the it looks.
The medallion got a brushing of pale blue paint.
I bought this vintage brass chandelier 
from an Etsy seller and it looked like this~
it came without crystals and one broken candle sleeve.
 There were 40 holes on the chandelier waiting to have some crystals reattached.
  I wanted to have some crystal garlands draping down 
from an upper level to a lower level instead
 of using only pendant style crystals.
When I first got it I started seeing where I wanted the crystals to go~
and while I liked it in the dark brass I had other plans in mind. 
After initially hanging up the bronze colored beaded chandelier,
 I felt like it was a big dark blob in the middle of the room 
and the room needed a light and airy chandelier instead~
this beaded chandy would not be staying long.
So I  painted the new vintage one with a light coating of Old white chalk paint.
Just get out a paint brush and using little paint on your brush
 get to work if you want to transform an old brass chandelier into a shabby cottage version.
I washed all the crystals in vinegar so they would sparkle and ordered new candle sleeves.
In my workroom I keep containers of different crystals and
 using the needle nose pliers I add which style crystal I think looks best. 
Here is another brass light fixture I painted with chalk paint.
I did this one in the chalk paint as well, 
and it hangs near the new living room chandy.
I like how it looks with the metal cornices.
 Feels light and airy and not bossy at all~
linking to:
Photobucket
and

and

Home Stories A2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment