Urn with Feathers, Glittered Fruit and Flowers


 I saw an advertisement yesterday for some silk floral arrangements.  The look was inspiring, but not the price tag~so I headed to Michael's to find a few things to group together in a favorite old urn. I wanted to create a floral arrangement  to take me through the rest of the fall and one that has the colors in my home.  The purplish green silk hydrangea was just what I was looking for in terms of color, and then I found the rest~
 some feather sprays, a large purple dahlia and sticks of glittered fruit in pale blue and lilac!   You don't need a lot of things to make an arrangement like this~get something tall for the center, and build around it.  Sticks from the garden would work too, but I am on a feather kick right now.
 Trim a piece of floral foam to fit the urn with a big kitchen knife.  I  have had this urn for 20 years and had it professionally filled the first time, however I was kind of disappointed. In its lifetime this urn has held pumpkins on the porch and topiaries in the kitchen.
After sticking the feathers and the fruit pics in the foam, I trimmed the large hydrangea and the dahlia so that I could poke them into the foam so that they sat under the tall feathers.
 I filled in the base with leaves cut from the dahlia and hydrangea to hide the florist foam.
 Glittery things catch my eye~this fall arrangement has a little dazzle to it. 
 One side of the arrangement has the hydrangea, the other side has the dahlia. 
 The glittery fruit pics came with glittered pine cones and leaves.  Purple thistle was also added for more of natural fall look.  I liked how it looked with the feather spray that came with the tall grass. 
 The urn is on my coffee table now, towering above my piles of books and magazines.
 The colors look right in here, making me want to change out the mantel with some more of these colors, eliminating the rust and the oranges.  
I have to straighten out my pile of books~the coffee table was moved to the side and I need to straighten that back out too...why was my coffee table moved?
Because my beaded chandy was taken down this week and sent to it's new home.  Once I get a new one in place, I'll have the coffee table all straightened out and the books looking nice, and maybe even the mantle will get some aqua blue and purple colors to coordinate with the floral arrangement.
linking to 
Feathered Nest Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment