Pretty Kitchens

 Romantic Homes Magazine Feb 2012
What a pretty kitchen shot!  This photo grabbed me so I had to share it today.  I love a pretty kitchen, and this one is a bit of a surprise because it mixes the soft blue I love with RED!  I am not a red person, but look how pretty the combination is. This kitchen is featured in the TADA section of Romantic Homes magazine and is the kitchen of Cynthias Cottage Design, written by Beth Livesay.  It shows simple ways to get the French Country Kitchen look~fabulous easy tips can be found.
**************
 This called to mind another kitchen I fell in love with at first glance,
and have wanted to show you for some time now.
 BHG Remodel Magazine Feb 2008
Pretty on steroids!  
This kitchen has a raspberry red toile wallpaper
 with the most gorgeous windows.
The addition of the blue chintz floral chairs was 
what made this kitchen take the leap into that "its so fabulous" arena.  
BHG Remodel Magazine Feb 2008
 In real life I would probably tire of this kitchen,
 but it really makes for a cheerful and welcoming space
 with all the color and amped up french country style.
Beautiful Kitchens Magazine    Photo by Gustav Schmiege
This kitchen is also on my most fabulous kitchen list.
Love the apple green beadboard paired with the purple transferware.
The gothic glass cabinet door style is beautiful and 
the antlers give it an English cottage look.
 When I find something inspiring in a book or magazine
 I like to set it up on a book stand open to the page
 so I can look at it often.  Do you do this? 
 I am going to be admiring this combination of cottage tea towels
 on the blue island with the built in towel bars~
probably thinking about how I can screw 
some towel bars onto my butcher block island and then think about painting it blue....
I love soft blue~but never thought about it with red!
Don't worry,  I will be staying with my pinks, no red for me.
 On a random note, I had this old french mirror propped up
 on my mantel and was really loving how it looked. 
 So much so, that yesterday I practiced taking closeups with the camera.
Only to hear it come crashing to the ground early this morning~
 The fireplace had been turned on and luckily
Dillon wasn't lying there, as he loves to lay down in front of the fire. 
 Sadly this pretty mirror got pretty banged up, but happily my dog did not.
On an equally happy note,
our first snow of the year came last night~
it was a dusting and it made everything look so pretty outside.
 One more random thing~you might 
remember I did a cartoon sketch for a contest. 
 I was to draw a woman in a closeup, 
draw her in an action scene and also draw her dog~
I never showed the pictures of the subjects I had to sketch~
but here they are.  Holly is the CEO of Venture Mom .
She emailed me today to let me know I 
am a finalist in the competition!!  How cool  is that? 
 I will let you know if anything further develops,
but just having my artwork recognized 
in this way is a big achievement for me~
so bursting at the seams, I am sharing this with you!
Have a terrific Tuesday everybody!!



No comments:

Post a Comment