White Staircase

I love Brooke Giannetti's staircase.
This image is magical~with the mora clock 
and a huge french clock face 
hanging on the landing, to the pretty little 
crystal and iron sconce and the caned back settee~
However one thing I never really took note of was that the staircase
itself was painted in white.  From the Newel post to the 
banister and all of the railings this staircase has cottage appeal.
I discovered this after I finished painting my staircase all white.
Could it be part of the tremendous appeal in the image above?
 My staircase got the same treatment as Brooke's~
 From the moment the first brush stroke covered the 
standard oak newel post and rails, I was feeling giddy!  
 This is one thing I have wanted to do for a long time.  
So while hubs went off to a hockey tourney
 I luxuriated in painting the staircase!
 Oh~it feels so much better in my tiny entrance space now.  
The power of paint is never to be underestimated. 
 This house has a staircase that practically kissed the front door 
and one that sits in the living room.
The old oak color didn't relate to a thing and was a big negative.
 Now all painted white, it has cottage appeal that feels just right.
 Yes, you can paint over oak~
just give it a good two coats and a light sanding.
You can have your cottage stairway too~
I love how it looks~
2010_03_23_17_11_07.pdf000
I wish I had the space to turn my stairway into a covergirl like Brookes!
I'll be working on adding a little french cottage style~
but in the meantime it looks really pretty, plain and white.

linking to

and
Boogieboard Cottage



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment