Porch Painted~ Pink Pansies~Pink Swing

Pink is the Color of Spingtime
Two years ago I painted our porch swing bright pink.
This swing hangs underneath an overhanging deck besides the entrance to 
the basement door which leads to an apartment that our 
son uses when not is school, or when we have guests sleepover.
Our house sits sideways on the street, and this overhanging porch is 
the first impression of the house.
 This photo of the sideways porch was taken last year, 
right before my vintage bike got stolen (ugh).
You can see how the underside of the porch is all stained and peely~not very attractive.
So with my son Colin home on spring break, 
he agreed to help me paint it with a fresh coat of white stain.
Mr. Maison Decor powerwashed the underside first to remove the peely paint
and mildew. It does a fantastic job and saves weeks of scraping.With our very warm weather we
were able to start the painting the following day~its unbelievable that this task is taking place in the middle of March!! We have had sunny skies and temps in the 70s-80s this week!
 We used one gallon of Behr solid stain in bright white. 
It covered very well with one coat.
Colin started on one end of the deck and with me at the other end,
 we met in the middle.
Painting overhead is not fun~
paint in the eyes, in the hair, neck ache, upper arms aching too~
It looks like Colin is doing all the work~
well he isn't!! I was doing just as much as he was~trust me!
 While we had the stain out, I wanted to freshen up the pediment.
My youngest~Colin. He has been through so many DIY projects 
with his mom~and is always happy to lend the old girl a hand.
And now let me show you how pretty a coat of white paint 
makes everything!
 Its so fresh! I have other plans for this area that include  
shaped fascia boards and outdoor draperies...
and I'd love to hide my trash barrel too 
(see the pink #47 I so artfully painted?).
 My MIL lives in the little Cape to the left~hubs built 
this house right where her garage
 used to be after tearing it down.  
That is why our house sits sideways on the
 street and this is the first thing you see when 
you pull into our driveway~
so its important to me that it look as pretty as it can.
 This is a sketch I drew to show how I want the area to look~
can you imagine the arched fascia boards, draperies and a black door?
I think the draperies will look fantastic!
 So while I get the fascia boards and drapes in the 
works I am very happy with our progress.
It was hard work~
 Planting and painting paid off,
and getting it done early means we can enjoy it all that much sooner.
For springtime color I found pansies in a pink colorway~
they are just darling~
I planted pink pansies all around the garden
while Kingsley watched.
 A big apple blossom and vine wreath came from Joannes~
and gives the side of the house some curb appeal.
Just as with  indoors decorating, 
I like to repeat the colors from spot to spot.
Pink Pansies, Pink Swing, Pink Wreath~
Phew! 
I was really tired after doing that project in one day.
As soon as I hopped on the couch 
all my buddies came to join me:
Dillon, Kingsley and Tobey~
 It was one of those sweet everyday life moments and 
 I was glad Colin was there to capture it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Thursday everybody! 
Think first impressions and what little things 
you can do to your entry to enhance it~
so get out there start sprucing!! 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment