Road Trip: What I learned on my first day at Annie Sloan training~

 Yesterday I arrived at Patty Seaman's home for day one 
of a two day Train the Trainer session. 
 The dining room table was set up with notebooks
 and wood sample boards, and apron and brushes
 that one other new stockist and I would be 
using to learn new Annie Sloan skills 
with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™.
 I did not take a lot of photos, 
as much of this is private stuff ya know!
However I will share what I can~
this was my seat, and my blank wood moldings
 were piled up waiting for me to 
create different techniques with the Annie Sloan products. 
 Patty had a huge pile of product piled up on a table behind us~
as many times we were free to pick the colors 
we wanted to use on the various sample boards.
 We were going to do decoupage and crackle boards,
 two paint finishes, impasto, gilding, 
and smooth finish to name a few~
The gilding was one of the most exciting parts for me, 
as there are many things I want to gild 
(can anyone say Mora clock??)~
 I love the gilded look peeking out 
from under layers of pretty paint~
After todays session I will be able to show 
you the sample boards I created
and will take home with me to Maison Decor.
 Of course even while I am away at training, I can't help but think of my shop~now look at the front of the building (the neon is gone)~see the two copper bay windows above my entry door that is recessed between the windows? That is where I want to hang the bracket sign for Maison Decor. It will hang over the door way looking so cute~and the two areas above the windows where the traditional sign blanks are~well I want to hang little french striped awnings.  Can you imagine that? And remember that Mike the landlord refinished both the old lanterns and soon I will have my lantern back up over the doorway! Now pay attention to the old oak door that is in awful shape to the right of my windows~that is where the apartment dwellers enter~see how the door had gotten all gray with weather over the years....now try to imagine these things I am about to show you next~
 This is the sign that will hang above the doorway~in pretty lilac.
And beside it in awnings in Sunbrella Plum Fancy~
And both entryways will have these pretty green lanterns
that Mike is refinishing~nice before and after!
The purple sign, the purple and green awnings, the green lanterns
the doorways all painted up pretty~!! I can totally see this!
Mike refurbished the entry door to the apartments
 and added a nice brass kickplate!
You can see a bit of the lantern too~
its all going to look grand!
Lastly, here is Patty's kitty~what a beautiful face!
One more thing~all those steak tips and salad
 and no bread and killing myself in the shop is paying off~!!
 My diet tips: no carbs and open a dream store
 and work 14 hours a day.
 Obsess on store instead of food and drink!
 Ok, gotta get ready for day two of training~
its gonna be a great day!
ohhh~and one more thing!! 
I just saw my kitchen was picked out by the talent scout
for Cottage and Bungalow Magazine,
WhisperWood Cottage as one of the best white cottage kitchens!

My kitchen Makeover!
(You all do know that I painted these cabinets 
with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint™, right?)
click here to see my kitchen and other
 pretty white cottage kitchens, 
including Nita's from Mod Vintage Life!
Everybody loves looking at white kitchens!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment