Frenchy Front Window Display


 Colin and I took the wood blinds out of the front window
 and I decided to use a bed crown draped with double
 width ivory cotton fabric to create a display. 
 Then we swagged the chandelier from the crown 
so it was centered on the window~! It looked really pretty, 
but there were old sticker marks outside from the 
previous business occupants so Colin 
scraped off the residue and cleaned the windows for me.
  It looks really pretty~there will be a window
 seat/platform built over the radiator so I can 
actually stand things directly in front of the window, 
but for now this works well to call 
attention to the store.

 This is the beginning of the transformation of the outside~
I will be taking down the blinds on the other side as well...
and I got approved by the Sign Review Committee this morning~! 
They said it was the first time that they had seen an application 
properly submitted and that they thought it was a very nice sign as well!
 Then they said they just wanted to congratulate me on
 filling it out and submitting it in such a manner....so I told them, 
"I was the Chairman of the Sign Review Committee in Woburn, Mass"...
and then they asked me if I wanted a job on the board!!! 
haha! I said no thanks!! 
So that was kind of a fun moment this morning~
 Colin got busy painting a bunch of Annie Sloan chalk paint 
sample boards so I can them on hand to show customers
 how the paint looks and feels~as opposed to just a color chart. 
 Another shot of my frenchy window display~
I can't wait for Mr. MD to wire the chandy 
so it sparkles up my windows at night!!
 My dad popped in on the shop yesterday too~!
 He drove up from Martha's Vineyard for a doctor's appointment, 
so it was great to be able to show him the place. 
Then we all went to dinner at......
the Pearl Street Station~Steak tips and salad again!!!!
Oh~and I had my FIRST walk in customer today~
a lawyer for Raytheon!! She was a darling young lady who 
had heard about the paint and was excited to try it~and I got other 
calls from other ladies looking to see if I had all the colors and 
they will be coming to the store soon as well! 
Thats my latest update~look for
 the store front to be changing and
 getting very pretty this coming month! I can't wait!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment