Mothers Day, Angel Wings, Gardening...

 Colin set up pink tulips and a mothers day card late Saturday night
so I would see them first thing in the morning~I really was
surprised, and I do love getting flowers!
 He always tries to pick out thoughtful cards that
 I would like, and this one was no exception.
It was a little house covered in glittering flowers 
with a very sweet handwritten note inside.
 I also had a vintage card sent from my son Justin the day before~
and just to show you the state of affairs in my house, 
this rose and lilly of the valley has gone dead 
and dried before I could get rid of them~I am never
 poised in front of this window for very long anymore...
 Kind of a petrified state around the house while 
Maison Decor takes precedence while its being set up.
 After making coffee on Mothers Day and having 
the early morning to myself I saw a bunny rabbit hop 
by the window and head to my garden~see him? 
I watched him for a long time.  He was a big plain brown rabbit,
 but cute just the same...I had every intention of getting 
out in the garden to weed later on in the afternoon on Mothers Day~
but first I had store hours from 11-2.
 The day before I asked hubby to power wash 
the side deck as I have some plans for this space...
 He was happy to do it~and what a big difference it makes!
 Last year I scrubbed it on my hands and knees and 
it was a bear of a job...this is easy peasy.
 I got the opportunity from Pier One Imports to 
"create an outdoor space" for my blog~and 
the side deck is where I plan to set it up~
so stay tuned for later this month!
I have to say I was so impressed with what Pier One carries~
they have all kinds of decorating styles including 
vintage and frenchy stuff~its not like I remember it...
 I'll give you a peek at one of the items~this giant clock and 
thermometer gauge is an outdoor model that comes from Pier One~
it dwarfs Tobey!  And it has the rustic aged copper look that I love!
 Anyway, late morning on mothers day
I headed to my shop and worked on the gilded wings~
I met some wonderful Annie Sloan customers 
as well as a blog reader, Cheryl, and we had a lot to talk about~! 
All of a sudden my middle son Brandon had 
arrived at the store to take me out to dinner,
and so we closed down the shop to go celebrate!
 First we took a quick mothers day pic~Mimi (B's GF), Kingsley
and Brandon to my right and of course, that's Colin on my left.
 Later that day I got to relax and 
do some weeding and gardening~
here are some before pics.
 Even with a lawn cut, everything looks kind of wild~
I have bleeding hearts and bridal wreath in bloom right now,
 they came on the heels of the daffodils, tulips and lilacs~
but I was much to busy to even 
cut one bouquet this year~a first for me.
 Some pink pansies gather round the catmint
 planted next to the old wheelbarrow.
 Even when things are full of weeds I still think a garden is pretty~
 So while I weeded, Colin read his book and 
Dillon rolled around on his back in the grass.
 He wiggles back and forth for as long as I let him~
he actually rubs the fur right off his back, 
but it must feel good, because he loves to do this!!
So there are my weed piles~I was pleased with the progress 
and my mothers day in general~!  It was a beautiful day 
with a warm breeze blowing~and Monday is my day
 off so that will be nice too. Hope you all had 
great weekends, especially the moms out there!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment