Painted Entire Facade and Surprise Flower Delivery!

 You can have more fun when you paint a storefront 
than when you paint your house,
when it comes to picking out colors~you want
 to get a color that makes people 
notice the shop, and makes them smile~
and Henrietta does just that....we continued with 
the painting of the facade and the more 
we paint the better it looks!
And all of my customers say the
 color is the tip-off to the fact
that this MUST be the Annie Sloan store, 
as I have yet to get a sign.
But let me start at the beginning of the day~
about ten minutes after I got to work
and opened my shop,
 UPS came to the door with a flower delivery!
I NEVER get flowers delivered!!~Do you??
So I had no idea who sent them....
and I happily unwrapped the package to find
the prettiest miniature pink rose bush 
in a sweet shabby chic container!
 Little pink rose buds waiting 
to open~pink roses are my favorite!!
 Then I opened the card,
and they were from a blogger friend!!
 This is the sweetest thing ever, so unexpected 
and just so kind and thoughtful~
sent these to me!  I have to say I was floored!
Just so nice to think she was thinking of 
me in such a big way~to do this! Thank you Kathy!! 
These will be well cared for and 
of course labeled NFS (not for sale)!
 I got to painting the pretty dresser 
I bought at auction~anytime you paint
something with details, they just pop as 
soon as they get the paint on.
I had several customers come in today and 
they all are excited to learn more
about the paint~most are Chalk Paint virgins, 
and soon they will be addicts (like me)!
Just two days ago it looked like this~
 Back to the facade~I had Colin continue on
 with the Henrietta to tie the whole thing together~
I still want to paint the big blank square over the doorway too~
And most pedestrians look in the windows while walking by~
 Number one helper is number three son! 
Always smiling and ready to lend mom a hand~
Wow, the shop is looking cute already!!
 Its the end of the day and I am posting,
 and then taking hubby and son to dinner...
you guessed right if the menu includes 
Steak Tips and Salad and Wine!!
Thank you everybody who continue to urge me on
 and pat my back and make me smile!
I did not go to Brimfield~I just couldn't leave my post....
I have found that the shoppers need
to talk and ask questions about the paint and the wax, 
and it was too much to walk away for a day...
So next year I will be at Brimfield, this year, 
at 50 Summer Street~still so much to do, 
but loving every minute!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment