Milk Paint, Chalk Paint and more~

 I am going to call this the Shabby Chateau look~when you have a 
lot of distressing mixed with some gilding it qualifies for the Shabby Chateau title. 
I love how this little coffee table came out~I used MSS Milk Paint in Shutter Gray.
 The thing with milk paint is that it will self distress unless 
you add a bonding agent~so after the two coats were applied,
I decided I did not want the top of the table to be so distressed.
 So I added some of the bonding agent to the milk paint 
and did one more coat. I was fine with the legs being shabby,
 but I wanted the surface to be less so~the bonding agent worked quite well!
 I finished off with MMS wax and then added some gilded highlights to play up this tables curves.
 She came out really pretty~and since she was such a good deal 
to begin with, I priced her to sell at $85~so come and take her home 
and have your own piece of Shabby Chateau done with MMS Milk Paint.
 I have been stacking pieces as my inventory is mounting~
lots to choose from, and I have 5 more tables coming in this weekend!! 
 The next project I did was break out the Old Ochre Chalk Paint™~
I used it on a settee I found  in New Hampshire on my antique hunt.
 I have been loving this color!! Its rich and perfect, not too white, not too beige~just right.
 This settee has tons of details and it is going to be
 getting the Royal treatment at Maison Decor.
 Just this way it looks ten thousand times better!! 
So I will be posting on this baby when finished.
 A visit from one of my closest friends, Sue,  was one of 
the highlights of this week~she made me the tote bag out of her 
daughters old Lilly skirt!! It was so pretty I asked her to make 
some for my store~but she is way too busy for that~
and I get to have the only one!!! 
Sue and her daughter Ethel visited the shop right before Ethel 
was headed into Boston to her first apartment~she just graduated
 from Vanderbilt and now is going for her doctorate at a school here. 
(Can you say slacker???)
 I have a doctorate in painting furniture~or at least I will when 
I am done with my debut year at this store!
 Sue was trying to find things for Ethel's apartment, like a good mom should!!
So come on down and catch me in the middle
 of a furniture makeover~and we will talk paint and decorating!
I'll sell you some Chalk Paint™ or some low priced furniture~or 
you can buy things from my store online at www.shopmaisondecor.com
That's where I am taking orders for the new milk paint line too~
I will be teaching an Annie Sloan™ Introductory Paint 
techniques class next Sunday, so call the shop this week
if you are interested in joining us!
This weekend off I will be taking home the 
camera and taking some home photos~
I miss blogging about it.  That fabulous mirror 
ended up looking pretty good over the mantle,
so I hope to share it with you soon...and I haven't forgotten, 
but I will be running the post on the Swedish Antique shop 
in New Hampshire too~you won't want to miss it!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment