Furniture~when to paint ? The before and afters!

 Sometimes I have a dilemma about whether to paint a piece of furniture.
This is one such case~I would not think twice, normally, but in this case the set 
has this pretty french artwork that was applied to the entire set. A graceful
embellishment of a white rose in a medallion with flourishes~I love this look!
 The gentlemen's wardrobe has the medallions 
on each door and the surface finish is in overall very good condition~
 However the pretty bed with the wrapped style footboard, 
also bearing the medallions on both head and footboard 
has wear marks~so what's a painter girl to do?? 
 I am pondering this set at the moment and next week
 will make a decision~so while I ponder, 
let's take a peek at some painted befores and afters~
 This secretary was the first piece I ever used Chalk Paint™ on and 
although it was a newer piece, I had grown tired of the decorative paint job.
 This is the result of the paint job~
I was very happy I painted this piece!
 Many people have these newer traditional sets done in 
a cherry or mahogany finish. Nothing wrong with the finish at all, 
but a client wanted the Shabby Chic look for her bedroom set.  
 The set is now finished in Old White Chalk Paint™ 
and lightly distressed.  It completely changed the look 
and feel of this from stately and traditional to cottage style.
 My favorite transformation was this medium wood toned 
bedroom set.  It had nice lines and lots of details
 and I just knew this would come out spectacular!
 It was painted in French Linen and finished with a 
dry brush technique to give it a high end look~
no distressing at all.  Just pure gorgeousness!
This is how I imagine the antique bedroom set with the
 medallion artwork looking~all soft and pretty and sophisticated.  
When it comes to painting furniture its up to YOU to decide 
if its best for the piece.  
Although I'll admit, sometimes it is hard to decide!

In the case of damage its easy to make the call~
how could this not be an improvement after all?
 This old oak chest with fabulous hardware just looked old, tired and worn out.
With two coats of Graphite Chalk Paint™ and a light distressing
 it sold in our Boston shop within 48 hours!  
Do you have a piece you are torn about painting? 
 I will be making my mind up on the pretty antique bedroom set~
but I think I know which way I am leaning!  
You can view our new additions to our two stores right here! 
We add vintage furniture pieces weekly at www.shopmaisondecor.com
I am getting a massive Shabby Chic armoire delivered to my 
Malden Store at the end of the day~if you are local and have been
looking for such a statement piece, come by and check it out!
It will be listed by tomorrow with all the particulars,
but as with all my pieces, while authentic and of great quality
I price as low as I can to get it sold.  Just compare my prices,
you will be happy you did.
My helper Damon and I have been busy.....
cause the MILK PAINT has finally arrived and will be
shipped out today and tomorrow!~
Thanks for your patience!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment