Ghost mirror, faded roses, and lilac toile

 Sometimes working at the store is just like decorating
your house~you play around with vignettes until you like the look.
Yesterday I did a lot of that...I have no official store hours on 
Saturdays at Maison Decor Malden, but often I am there the entire
day working on custom projects or reorganizing the store.
 I loved this collection created by Rosemary at Villabarnes 
called Faded Roses, so I arranged to have them at Maison Decor.  
They are lovely old bottles
with a faint image of pink roses~aren't they pretty set 
up in front of my ghost mirror?  
This mirror is so old, 
the type with lots of mercury in the glass...
and it gives a ghostly effect!  
 I am creating a bedroom vignette in the front window~so I wallpapered
the area yesterday morning in a cream and taupe paper 
to create a pretty backdrop for my Annie Sloan Normandie Toile! 
This toile is a dusky lilac with brown and cream 
figures in a pastoral setting. 
 Normandie is one of eight exclusive fabrics in
 the Annie Sloan collection. 
Its available only through Annie Sloan Retailers~
I will be making up lots of yummy pillows 
and other home dec accessories. 
 Custom orders are available as well. 
 Of course I am selling my custom painted Mora clocks too~
currently doing my first RED mora clock!
Normandie Toile by Annie Sloan™~
this fabric comes in an amazing width
at 108" wide!! 
Most fabrics are 54" wide....so this is awesome 
for bedding and extra full panels!
An antique full size bed was just the right size to tuck into 
the window space.  I built a dummy bed out of wood to fit over
a radiator that sits in that area.  Now I have to get a dust ruffle and 
duvet and loads of lovely pillows to make it look like a real bed!
You can see my worktable covered in a drop cloth in the pic...
the whole store was upside down yesterday as I went from project to 
project! I think I had three items being painted, I was cutting wallpaper,
cutting rods for the panels, cleaning the vintage chandelier....
well you get the picture!
 During the middle of all of this one of my local repeat customers, Mike, walked by my store and rapped on the door to come in...as soon as he spotted
the small Danish cabinet I was working on he was smitten.  I had just put one coat of Old White on it and was about to wallpaper the interior with the old floral wallpaper that was a gift from Krissie.  You can see how she wallpapered
her kitchen cabinet interiors! I thought it would be nice if papered this small cabinet and then it would find its way to live in a girls bedroom as a display for
her stuffed animals and dolls....but Mike wanted it for his kitchen cookbooks 
and other things...so now I will paint the interior Duck Egg blue for him and 
the English wallpaper will wait for another project~
 Yesterday we sold a few pieces of furniture 
including this Poem dresser
in a dusky lilac color called Paloma. 
It is one of the Chalk Paint™ colors by Annie Sloan. 
 It would go nicely with the Normandie Toile~
its almost an exact match.  
This Graphite chest sold to the same couple
 that bought the Poem dressers. 
Justin and I get excited when our painted creations sell~
then we get a chance to display other things
 waiting in the wings for their turn to hit the main floor!
You should see what our storage rooms look like...
today I am not going to think about the stores at all.
I have to clean the house and plan a dinner party 
on Tuesday night~we are having my parents, my sister and Justin
and his girlfriend over and there are 
mountains to be moved around here.
Until then~

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment