Painted Pink Inspiration


A lovely painted Swedish built in bed.
To replicate this color I would mix Scandinavian Pink and Antoinette 
with some Old White and apply in various layers 
with wash and ragging techniques.
Pinky peach walls over taupe wainscoting with lots of gilt
The lighthearted pink is grounded by the taupe and the golden accessories
stand out nicely against the pink.  
I recently washed one part of a wall in my shop and it 
was so easy and fun to do. The more I added water and ragged it off
the lighter an airier it became. 
If you want to get a hand painted european plaster look
with ease try applying Chalk Paint® and water 
and use a brush and damp rag for spectacular results!
My ragged wall in Scandinavian Pink, Antoinette and Pure White.
In person it looks a lot lighter~but this closeup shows the unevenness 
of paint application.  Perfection is NOT the rule.
Add more Old or Pure White for a lighter look as well as more water~
this works well with white walls as the under color of the wall
will reveal itself as you rag it off. If you are covering up
the wall color you will need to rag off less paint, or let a
 first coat dry then apply a second coat of a lighter or darker shade.
I loved doing this treatment and plan to do other sections of the shop
in neutral tones using French Linen and Old Ochre.
When painting furniture many times I look for design 
inspiration and come across beautiful things like this 
stunning blue and pink armoire. 
Beautiful crusted pink doors with touches of white in the
nooks and crevices.  Such inspiration!
This is my own mirror that I painted pink once upon a time.
As I redecorated the room it would no longer remain pink,
but it will always be one of my favorites.
source unknown
If I wanted to copy this chest I would use Antoinette Chalk Paint®
with a little Old White and plenty of French Gilding wax.
source unknown
One project I hope to tackle someday is creating this look~
 paneled walls with decorative molding. You can buy kits
to make these walls, at a pretty price I am sure. But think of 
how gorgeous it would be in the right setting~
Another paneled wall sets the stage for this palest pink bed.
One fabulous mirror and the room is done.
I would replace the thousand tiny pillows with a few larger
down filled pillows in cut linen velvet or grain sack.
 Most of these projects can be done with successfully
with Chalk Paint® and some require gilding materials.
 Shopping list: 
Antoinette Chalk Paint and French Gilding Wax in King Gold
Many of these projects just need these items.
Pink has always been a color close to my heart~
a long time ago I painted my first house. 
 Myself.  In pink.
I bought Sears Weather Beater paint in the 1980s 
and took it back 3 times to have the color adjusted
to just the right shade of pink.
My old house no longer is pink~
the people I sold it to painted it yellow. 
I can't say I blame them, pink is not for everyone, 
but it sure is for me! 
And I think it suited this little cottage nicely.
Add a little pink to your life with a painted cabinet
or just do the interior of a bookcase or armoire~
 add a lot by doing your walls and furnishings in ballet pink.
As always, I am looking for inspiration to share here with you.
Have a great week! 
And think PINK!







  







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment