Marie Antoinette meets Maison Decor in new home office
















The plan: 
Marie Antoinette meets
 Dreamy Cottage Girl

My office makeover results.

A drafting table I snagged out of the cellar 
got a coat of frenchy blue paint.
I matched the pretty bookcase I just bought at Rustique.
 The long wide drawer is great for holding plans and
 samples for the current jobs I am working on.
A black needlepoint rug and a 
frenchy leopard desk chair anchor the room.
Bins under the table hold workroom supplies.
The Rustique bookcase has embossed wallpaper on the back panel.
Lots of things that inspire me have found a place here.
My antique thimble collection, cut glass...
Silverplate creamer and pitcher hold my pencil collections.
















A magnetic board holds sweet thank-you notes and attractive calling cards over the bookcase..

A cookbook stand holds a decorator book open to an article I find inspiring at the moment.
A thrift store picnic basket holds my spools of thread.
My thinking chair is in the corner~a mombasa mosquito net over a comfy chair.
My frenchy table with marble top sits next to 
the dragonfly upholstered chair.
My vintage trunk holds fabrics and pillows
 for upcoming jobs.




Frenchy blue paint washed over an old ladder
 holds my current job samples. 
Behind the scenes: ladder and table getting a paint job.

I ordered these decals online so
 I wouldn't forget who I was when blogging. 
The crown came from Hobby Lobby.
Tres Cool.
Amazingly enough,
everyone speaks with a french accent
 when they enter this room!
Pink and green toile draperies with tassel trim
 hang from iron rods and fleur~de~lis holdbacks.
Hubby hung my auction find chandelier. 
A ceiling medallion I just painted
 french blue that has yet to be installed. 
Joy! 
 I mixed some pink crystals in with the clear.
twinkle pinkle twinkle pinkle
This space was created to inspire me.
Little bits and pieces of lovely are everywhere.
 Filled with all the things I am attracted to, 
I love walking through the door to work!

 linking to
Show and Tell Friday
and
Funky Junk Interiors SNS
and
Metamorphosis Monday

My office ended up being featured on
 French Obsession

No comments:

Post a Comment