Antique French Beaded Chandelier

I love beaded chandeliers.
This is an antique beaded french dome chandelier with flower swags.
This is not the typical chandelier with dangling crystals
Tiny beads form a basket shape 
and then crystals are attached in each space.
Bronze flower swags decorate the basket.
I love this style of chandelier but at $655 its out of my price range.
I found this beauty  while poking around  Etsy at this shop.
It is fun to look at the gorgeous chandeliers on Etsy
 and dream of hanging one up in my living room.
This is an older picture of my living room because I usually try 
to take pictures without showing the ceiling fixture.
I have been looking around for an antique fixture for awhile.
Look at these!
A pair of beautiful beaded sconces.
These are for sale by the same vendor on Etsy here for $875.
These have both rectangular prisms and round prisms.
Also decorated with floral swags.
Here is another beautiful antique beaded basket style chandy.
Also on Etsy by another vendor for $450.
I love all of these, but not their prices.
Then I found this~
an antique french beaded basket chandelier.
It looks a lot like the first chandelier, 
but instead of flush mount it is a dropped fixture. 
It has antique gold beading instead of clear beading.
And the price was just $100!
Not $655 or $450~
One hundred dollars for an antique french beaded chandelier.
SOLD to Amy of Maison Decor!!!!
Yup, this is going to be hanging in my home shortly!
I think it will look great hanging over my table with the gold edges.
The antique gold fixture will look right with the curtain rods too.
Compare the details of the first chandy ($655) to this one.
Looks like it has the identical bronze floral swags and carvings.
Then look what I found on the internet.
This is almost identical to mine. 
What difference in price, though.
It is listed as a french antique reproduction
 and sells for $615 at this shop.
Closeups show the carved detail are less pronounced 
than an original fixture would have.
Still it is exciting to see what treasures you can find if you hunt!
I learned a tip: you can often get a better deal 
 when pictures of items are not that great.
 A lot of buyers pass over poorly photographed things.
You never know when you might find a great deal..
keep looking, and stop at those bad pictures first!
I am glad I did.

And after I finished shopping, I decided to open my own 
Etsy shop and sell things I own but no longer want to keep.
I'll be adding to the store as time permits...
it was pretty easy and fun to open the shop.
I'll post on that later~
but you can see how it looks so far 
by checking the link at the top of my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment