Decoupaged Dresser with Vintage Wallpaper and Chalk Paint

 I am using this large dresser as my cash-out station~
it used to look like this before I painted it with Annie Sloan Old White
and detailed it with Paloma.
Not a huge difference in the photo, but it was a yellowy cream with 
bermuda pink details and iron hardware~
I wanted it to work with the lavenders that are in the shop~
 After I painted it I found this small roll of 
vintage wallpaper that I just fell in love with~
 I custom mixed some Annie Sloan paints to come
 up with the dreamy aqua color in the paper
 A little bit of this and that~and then I had my custom color!
 I cut out the wallpaper to fit the center panels 
and mod-podged it on
after I painted the panel detail with the aqua color.
 That looked really pretty,
but what was I going to do with the drawers
 to tie it all together when I only had 
a little bit of the wallpaper~
 I cut out sections of the floral and 
just glued it on willy nilly~
I added more aqua to the lines of the
 dresser too, including the hardware.
 So it looked like this~
 Then I color washed over the decoupaged drawers with 
Annie Sloan Country Grey to match the background 
color of the wallpapers on the panel doors!
And voila~some clear wax and I am done with this custom piece!~
 It looks pretty sitting there I think...
 Setting up more stuff~and having fun with it...
look at those darling tin chalkboards I bought for the store.
 I finished Cynthia's Chateau Grey clock~
its waxed and ready to go to New Jersey on Monday.
 Am I the only one that loves 
dreadful looking old light fixtures? 
I really think this is beautiful!
 And I got my first custom order
 for furniture makeover yesterday too~!!
 I've been painting the pieces in the shop~I just love it~!
Thanks for visiting Maison Decor, the retail store. 
I hope to see you in person one day!!
I am open now Tues-Saturday 10-4
and Sundays 11-2...
might as well be open for business while I am getting the rest
of the shop ready...I know peeps want their Annie Sloan paint!
And I have every color right here!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment